This week we had to find moulding to go around our current window moulding so we could beef it up a bit. However, it was impossible. I went to every possible store that sold wood in our area and came up with absolutely nothing. We looked for 3 days!
I told Sandra I was willing to take it down and just put up bigger trim – at this point I didn’t care and was so tired of looking.
However, Sandra is amazing! She looked around a bit and came up with an awesome solution of adding MDF around the windows, basically creating an entire wall of moulding. It is fabulous! I would have never imagined it would look this cool (and it isn’t even finished… we still need to fill in spaces and paint).
All week we cut, sanded and nailed up MDF. We cut moulding and primed.
Once we had a plan the week went smoothly. This week you should be able to see the whole picture of the room… it is going to be awesome!
It is so nice to get to the point in the project where you are just excited to get it finished. Not tired and just want to be done working on the room, but excited because you cannot wait to see the finished project.
I am so anxious for this room to be done, and I am sooo thankful Sandra came up with a solution that saved me money and looks awesome. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!
So here we are… week 5… and I am getting so excited!!
It is still a little rough with all the primer. But with some wood fill, caulk and a couple coats of paint, it’s going to look awesome!