Headboards can cost hundreds of dollars or you can make your own DIY headboard for a fraction of that cost! This post includes 10 awesome headboard ideas that can transform your bedroom. Make one of these to pair with my woodworking plans for a Queen sized platform bed frame with storage drawers.
DIY Headboard Ideas
The first feature is from Infarrantly Creative with their awesome curbside door rescue headboard DIY.
2. Radical Possibility has a great tutorial on “The easiest rustic headboard ever” made out of 1×6’s.
3. Trash to Treasure Blog features this awesome idea. This work of art uses a shower curtain and wooden frame to make a headboard. This easy DIY headboard is especially great for college students with limited budgets and styles that change on a whim.
4. 1001 Pallets has a great use for some old pallets in this DIY Head Board with just some paint and 2×4’s to anchor them!
5. Pretty Handy Girl has this amazing rustic wood Headboard DIY that I have fallen in love with!
6. This unique headboard from Liz Marie blog is one I cannot seem to take my eyes off of, I am infatuated with the height of this headboard.
7. If you want your cake and eat it too, or if you want both a wood headboard and a tufted padded one then Too Much Time On My Hands (TMTOMH) has the perfect solution for you! Let them eat cake! With this awesome double wood and upholstered headboard.
8. This amazing headboard is from It’s Over Flowing and it’s so intricate yet so simple, just with some time and effort.
9. And look at this DIY floating headboard with back light from Remove and Replace. What a fun idea and a great way to add extra light to set some mood lighting in your room. Ha!
10. To finish off our Round up of head boards is Farm Girl Follies DIY chevron Headboard, chevron to me is a great alternative to the straight, sometimes boring, wood DIY headboards and this has a great tutorial perfect for the Do It Yourselfers.