This dining room bench could look completely Posh if finished well or totally rustic if left a bit more raw. The sharp angles on the X braces don’t have to be too complicated. Follow tips on my X leg bench tutorial to mark your angle and cut with a circular saw or table saw. Cost for lumber should be about $30.
Dining Room Bench Plans
- Two 10′ 2×4’s
- Five 8′ 2×8’s
- 2 1/2″ pocket screws
- 2 1/2″-3″ wood screws
- wood glue
Step 1: Assemble leg
- Use wood glue and wood screws and assemble as shown
Step 2: Add bottom brace
- Use wood glue and 2 1/2″ pocket screws to attach
Step 3: Glue up and secure top
- Glue up two 2×8’s to create bench top.
- Top width will be 15″ unless you rip 1/2″ off one side of each 2×8.
- If you don’t want to see the groove between planks, you’ll want to cut of the rounded edge where they glue together.
- Follow instructions for GlueUp on this countertop tutorial.
Step 4: Add X braces
- Use wood glue and pocket screws
- Attach full length brace first, then half brace pieces.
- Follow tips on my X leg bench tutorial to mark your angle and cut with a circular saw or table saw
Step 5: Finish and enjoy
- Finish with paint, stain or a combination of both…or leave natural and oil, poly or wax.