This is my version of Christmas Crack, a sinful snack I found last week at Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. I’ve added some ingredients, because why not throw in the kitchen sink as well? This stuff is seriously sinful! I made it once. The quantity that was produced filled 3 gallon sized Ziploc bags. The three of us ate that in 4 days. I’m disgusted myself!
Obviously, this is a hit in our house. It’s probably got about 10,000 calories per serving, the way I make it so it’s banned except for ONCE a year, during the holiday break.
How to make this sinful stuff
1. First off, you’re going to need a BIG mixing bowl!
2. Gather your supplies. I used an entire box of Rice Chex, Golden Grahams, half a bag of pretzel squares a whole bag of sweetened coconut, a whole bag of pecan halves and about 2 cups of Dried Cherries.
3. Mix all those dry ingredients up in your giant bowl.
4. Make your caramel/sugar/glazey stuff. I’m referring you to the original Christmas Crack recipe for that because I didn’t change anything there and I don’t want to step on any toes. I know it’s a pain to have to click over but we bloggers like click overs. It lets us know you’re reading!
5. Pour that yummy goodness over your mix and stir it like crazy. My wrist actually got tired from stirring! Make sure everything is coated…especially the stuff on the bottom of the bowl. Don’t miss a crumb!
7. Now melt some chocolate (whatever kind you love) and drizzle it all over!
You’ll be so disgusted with yourself for making this because you’ll want it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I mean for dessert after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Of course you need some nutrition in your body first!