It’s Throw Back Thursday so I thought I’d finally share my She Knows TV “HomeStretch” laundry room makeover challenge episodes — where I went head to head with Sarah of Ugly Duckling House . The challenge was to see who could tear the heck out of a laundry room and put it back together (only better) with $2000 and in only TWO days. Fun Right!??!
I remember it like it was yesterday…
- It was 100 degrees in the shade by 7 am.
- There was LOTS of quiet time while interviews were being taped with either myself or the homeowners (so no work was being accomplished.)
- I (uhem) misunderstood that I was going to have skilled help to make it all happen. Turns out my PA and the sound guy were the only ones that actually had any experience with anything DIY/trade related. I mean ANYTHING.
- The miter saw that was provided had the blade on backwards. I asked someone to run cut me a 12″ 2×4 and it was taking a really long time so I peeked outside and saw smoke billowing up off the saw! I ran out yelling for them to stop. Once the blade was flipped, it was so dull it would’t even cut the Styrofoam crown moulding– instead it was melting it.
- After working 21 hours straight on day 2– in 116 degree heat — my makeup (which the producer insisted needed to be that heavy) had melted down my face and my own stench was making me gag…
Yeah baby — good times – good times!
I really did have a BLAST shooting the makeover and enjoyed the challenge but if I ever do anything like this again — I’ll go into it with different expectations. ‘Cause I really thought I could accomplish my plan with a team of skilled helpers in two 12 hour work days. I still think I could. With MY team and MY tools and no’one telling us to “stop working — we’re filming”…I want a redo!
Ok. so enough talk… Here is my HomeStretch debut. Each episode is only a few minutes long. Watch out for that melted face I was talking about.
p.s. Sarah is pure Awesomesauce but I wrote all about that in my previous post about the experience. Enjoy!