This Lemon Drop Cookie Recipe is super easy to make and will take your taste buds on a wild ride they’ll remember! That sounded more exciting than, “These cookies are really good”! Either way — try ’em. You’ll thank me!
Lemon Drop Cookies
These are seriously the easiest cookies I’ve ever made and SO delicious — if you’re a fan of lemon that is.
- 1 (18.25 oz) lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 1 package lemonade Kool-aid (unsweetened)
- *optional – lemon zest
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (do NOT mix this in the cookie dough)
Maddie doesn’t like the lemon zest…something about the texture. I think it adds more flavor but it’s good either way.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients (except the powdered sugar) together until well blended (by hand or in an electric mixer)
- Use a teaspoon to scoop dough and drop it into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll them until coated. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the bottoms are light brown.
Don’t overwork the dough. Just scoop a spoonful, gently pat into a soft ball and coat with powdered sugar. Don’t roll them into tight, hard balls.