Holy Moly, yesterday was a DOOSEY! I accomplished a lot, but it was NOT a fun day. (I’m not complaining, just stating the facts.)
I installed some of these in my library.
About the only thing that went smoothly was my little trick to shove a wire hanger with a “flag” on the end up through the a hole where I want my light to be so that when I get up into the attic I can locate the location where I want to locate my lights! (After measuring and remeasuring before I decide EXACTLY where I want the light to REALLY go.)
…and it was all down hill from there.
I hate DIY’ing when:
- I have to swim around in blown insulation in a hot attic
- I sweat
- I have to wear a headlamp on my sweaty forehead because it slips down constantly
- I sweat into my face mask which I have to wear to keep the insulation out of my lungs
- My glasses fog up because I’m sweating in a face mask
- I take my glasses off because I can’t see anything and I LOSE my glasses in the insulation
- I give my thumb a blood blister because I pinched it HARD with pliers while trying to manipulate a 12 ga wire into doing what it clearly does NOT want to do
- I cut my other thumb on SOMETHING and it won’t stop bleeding while I’m up in a hot, itchy, stuffy, STUPID attic and I’m dirty and sweaty and bloody and irritated.
- You install two light switches — that are the same brand and both new (as in one is not a decade old so maybe they changed their design in the mean time) — and they don’t line up! Not even close to lining up. The screw holes … What the FFFFFlip!