My mother always told me, “Never say never” but that does not apply when using power tools.
There are a few “never” and “always” rules to follow when using a miter saw.
- Never cross your hands, arms or any other body part over the path of the saw blade.
- Never start the saw when the blade is touching the wood.
- Never wear jewelry
- Never wear baggy clothes
- Never wear glove
- Never operate a power tool under the influence of fatigue, drugs, alcohol or medication that advises you against operating heavy machinery or driving a car…
- Never use power tools when you can not focus 100% on what you are cutting. Do not allow distractions in the same room with you and your miter saw. 🙂
- Always wear eye protection!
- Wear ear protection
- Wear a dust mask
- Wear close-toed shoes
- Follow safety, use and care instructions provided in your specific tool manual.
- Use common sense.
Be safe, be smart and be awesome!