It’s amazing what you can build with some simple techniques and a little guidance. Check out some of the projects I’ve designed and mentored clients through from start to amazing finish!
Do you want to build something awesome?
I have been designing and building for over 14 years and am excited to share my knowledge by mentoring and empowering others to “Build it Yourself”.
Whether you’ve never built anything before in your life…or you just want a little outside perspective on your approach or planning. I’m here to help.
How it works:
The Sawdust Diaries is a structured 12 week mentorship. My goal is to help build a foundation of knowledge that will enable you to tackle your next project on your own. It is a mentorship program.
Each client has a set day and time where we meet, every single week during your “mentorship program”. During that time (which is a Skype session) you will show me your progress and we will discuss next steps. This is the time for you to ask me all the questions you’ve been contemplating.
I devote 12 weeks to helping you with your project, how much you complete during that time is up to you.
How much it costs:
Your 12 week program fee includes a one hour mentorship session each week. I charge $50/hour for each session which comes to $600 due before your first session.
I do not draw custom build plans for clients!
Helping you understand how to do that is an integral part of helping you become self sufficient for your next project. I have posted detailed instructions for building cabinetry in about every way I ever help a client build so you should be able to draw up your own build plans. Helping you get this part down is part of your training.
What this program is not:
- It is not an opportunity to build a $12,000 built-in for $500. Material costs are regionally different and you always end up spending more than you anticipate. You are hiring me to mentor/coach/teach you –so it’s not just a DIY project. It is an investment in yourself, not just a project.
- It is not easy, simple or any guarantee that you will end up with an amazing, professional quality project. Everyone has different capacities for different levels of physical labor and comprehension and ease of certain tasks and skills. Hopefully you will get out what you put in. There comes a point in almost every build, including my own, that the builder gets so sick and tired of the project they want to tear it all out and throw it away. The choice to work hard, press on, move forward…or give up is completely up to you. I can only help you help yourself.
In or out?
-If you want a beautiful built-in and have no interest in LEARNING how to build it, you’re just looking to save some money — hire a professional to build it for you. Big building projects take COMMITMENT. I want to work with people that WANT to learn. I want to work with people that have a burning passion to do it yourself because you want that pride in accomplishment, self satisfaction and sense that YOU can do anything! (Or at least an inkling of that passion and drive.)
-My mentorship program is meant for those that are eager to learn how to take on a big project and learn the skills needed to start and finish this –and many, many more projects to come.
The Details for the REALLY REALLY interested:
I’m now accepting new clients again!
- My mentorship hours are very limited and you must be able to meet in one of those time slots. Think of it as a class you are signing up for.
- We will meet, one on one, every week at your specific day and time. We will decide on your designated spot in our initial consultation.
- I only work with 2 clients each week so if you have a “spot” on my roster, your day/time is yours, whether you show up for our session or not. Your 12 week mentorship fee is due before your first “class”. Don’t waste our time — be there.
- Initial consultation is $75 and can be scheduled HERE — this fee covers your initial consultation only. Your consultation and mentorship sessions will be held on a Skype video call so you can show me your space, work and progress. We will discuss your project, design, skills, experience and needs in your initial consultation. Then we’ll discuss your “homework” and everything you need to do prepare we start our weekly meetings.
12 weeks should be enough time to complete all or a big chunk of your project if you truly dedicate yourself to working hard to complete it. If you’re not finished, you should be experienced and confident enough at that time to finish on your own.
If you are not done with your project at the end of your 12 weeks and you think you still need my help…you can inquire about another session. I may or may not have a consecutive spot open for you. Just work REALLY HARD during the 12 weeks we have together and let’s try to make sure your project is done. (Or at least done to the point that you don’t need me anymore because you are ready to move on alone!)
I’m ready! Schedule your Initial Consultation and let’s get busy building awesome!