Yesterday I showed you only the first step in my ultimate plan to upgrade my window and door trim molding. I wanted to add a cross header (that thing at the top) and needed to bulk out the width of the casing first.
I didn’t want to rip anything out and start from scratch so I made it work with what I already had. Just tricked it out — a lot! Am I going to do this in my entire house? Yup!
(Except the doors that I’m tearing out like the bathroom and closet doors in this room — ya’ll keep asking me about that.)
It feels like I spent a week doing one door and one window but I was making it up as I went along so it will go much faster next time. Also, I’ll probably paint ALL the parts before I install them so I only have to fill nail holes once it’s all up. Painting over all the details and in the cracks and corners is a pain. But I think it was worth it.
Yes it was worth it because I really like it. I could have stopped with adding another layer of molding around the existing trim because that looks great too.
But I really wanted to add some visual height to both the doors and windows. So that’s what I did!