House Tour – Basement TV Room

Thanks for the virtual hugs on my last post!
Now here’s the room tour for today.

The TV room is accessed from the “Stage” room through this pocket door.
It’s just a hollow core door that came with the pocket door “kit”.
I wanted a real barn door in this room but the ceilings are too low.
So, I painted this one and added some hardware to try to make it look…kind of like a barn door.

The room is open to the craft room.
 And has plenty of storage.
P L E N T Y!

And that’s it.  Tomorrow I get to share the finished Craft room and that’s the end of the “House Tour”.  Thanks for sticking with me here.

Comments

1. What are the measurements between shelves?

2. Jonathan says:

Sandra,

I’ve been inspired by reading through your blog posts. Thanks for taking to the time to share with us.

Question, how deep did you make these shelves in your basement? I’m building an entertainment center, but I’m trying to decide on whether or not to enclose my TV cabinet with bi-fold pocket doors using the Accuride 123 slides. If I do, then the tv cabinet will have to be deeper than my bookshelves in order for the doors to slide all the way back. I’m just not sure if I want that stepped look or not.

3. Basement Doors says:

Your basement TV room is so fabulous! It’s bet it’s very comfy living in there. I especially like white as the theme color of a house.

4. The Pennington Point says:

Sandra it's wonderful! Here in Texas we don't have basements. I can't imagine having a whole other room below the house. So many options!I'm loving your house tour! It's so much more fun since I met you at Blissdom and I can just picture you showing us all around. Lisa~

5. You're very gracious. Appologies for taking so much of your blog. Adieu.

6. Sawdust and Paperscraps says:

Greg, no idea if you will ever see this but you don't have an email anywhere to be found so here it is. I was not offended at all! I felt really bad about all the stuff you are going through and my stuff seemed really insignificant compared. I was sincere in my comment that I wanted to send you some bloggy love and support because you seem to need it right now as do many of the other commenters. Just, your situation kind of takes the cake in the "I have a lot going on right now" department. So to you and everyone else who reads this who is going through some tough times, virtual hugs. That sounds totally dumb but that's all I got! But just knowing that people out there care about you and what you're going through, well, it does help. It did me anyway.

7. I'm sorry, Sandra, if I offended you with my last comment, I didn't mean to chastise you in anyway. The stress of moving and selling a house is among the top stressors and to do it with the DH away is even more so – I'm glad I'm not dealing with that.I've absolutely been loving your blog and 'invisibly following' for several months.I actually started searching back in January through your blog to compile all the beautiful rooms you've done when what happened . . . you started posting this great house tour!You've given me lots of inspiration for my own home. It just might have to be a little while before I am able to dig into anything.I'm anxious for your future projects!

8. seriously – you blow us away… again:o)

9. connorandmaddiesmom says:

I love this! It's so cute and clean. very nice.

10. So fun and bright! How do you keep those couches clean though???

11. Actually how BIG is your basement?? It seems ginormous!!! lol..Great job with it!

12. Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement says:

I can't imagine how quickly your house is going to sell! Every room is absolutely incredible! Thanks for the tour.Have a great day.Pam

13. AntiqueChase says:

How many square feet is this MANSION??

14. The Mac's House says:

I have to say that I'm loving this house. Wish it was in my town so I could live in it. :)

15. It turned out gorgeous. I love the wall decor.http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

16. Diane at Perfectly Imperfect Life says:

I'm sure your basement TV room is awesome, but I got stuck on one of the first pictures and all I can think is: ROCK BAND!